- V2018.4 VXDiag SUBARU SSM-III Multi Diagnostic Tool
- 1.Software version:V2018.4.
- 2.Support vehicle until 2016 year.
- 3.Can program Subaru smart key
V2018.4 VXDiag SUBARU SSM-III SSM3 Diagnostic Tool
Latest software version: V2018.4
Top 5 reasons to choose SUBARU SSM-III:
1. Fully compatible with SAE-J2534
2. Special dual cell processor for automotive, full compliant with all vehicles protocols.
3. Self-determination design for adapters and cables
4. SSM3 software version V2018.4, support vehicle until 2016 year.
5. Can program Subaru smart key
6. Support Wifi
7. Operating system: Windows XP, Windows 7
8. System updates: Available (Contact us to check if there's an available update)
9. Internet connections: Available
10. Language: English
SUBARU SSM3 Software Function:
1. All System Diagnosis. Selecting this item displays on a single screen the fault detect status of all control system control modules for which SSMΙΙΙ diagnosis is supported, and memorized diagnostic codes.
2. Each System Check. Selecting this item makes it possible to select a particular system from among the control systems forwhich SSMΙΙΙ diagnosis is supported, and perform fault diagnosis. This item can be used to view input/output data of the system control modules that perform fault diagnosis, memorized diagnostic codes, and other data on the PC display. This menu item is also used after repair work is complete to delete diagnostic codes, to configure control module settings, etc.
3. Saved Data Display. This item can be used to save various data sampled during fault diagnosis operations, and to load data for viewing after work is complete.
4. Immobilizer. This item performs immobilizer registration.
5. Reprogram. This item performs reprogramming of the control module.
6. Read CF application measurement data. This item performs reading stand alone measurement data saved in a CF card to hard disk of your PC.
7. Convert/Save measurement data on driving recorder. Loads data sampled on the driving recorder to the PC from the CF card, and converts and saves that data.
8. Oscilloscope. After attaching the optional pulse/analog cartridge to SDI, connect the pulse/analog box to the SDI and using pulse/analog probe to perform analog sampling. But we do not provide pulse/analog cartridge.
9. Program Subaru smart key
Note: For 2015.10 version, there is only English and Chinese, if you want German, Spanish, French, Italian, contact us to give you a 2015.01 software link.
While installation, you need to install both SSM3 and SSM4, then download and run subaru patch: https://mega.nz/#!hYQ1WJSA!twj5GDNXAo0gZS2T4IYVcaueZnGjK2OewzG3VvkHu4Y
, run the SSM4 first and then use the SSM3 to do the function you want.
1pc x VXDiag VCX-PLUS
1pc x OBDII Cable
1pc x USB Cable
1pc x CD
Q: Can I program Subaru smart key with this?
A: Yes, you can.
Live Support: Chat with us online
If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us. If your shipping method is fast shipping, please kindly give us your phone number for shipping.
How to install VXDIAG Subaru SSMIII Software
User Review 1:
I purchased a VXDiag SSM III (Subaru Select Monitor III) diagnostic system. It came in handy was when i used it to recalibrate the steering angle sensor. The software was a pain to get setup but working properly.
It definitely does more than a regular scanner.
It just depends on if you think having complete access to all the systems in the car is worth it. It’s nice to have when I need it. I had a VDC code that was for the steering angle sensor. Rather than go to the dealer, I just busted out the knock off SSM and calibrated it in the driveway.
I tried to reprogram a new key with it, but you need a code from the dealer.
I posted up a screen shot of the menu for SSM III, so you can see all the different things you can access.
So, if you feel all the features are worth it then you’ll like it. At this point it’s just a novelty for me.
User Review 2:
I have one VXDIAG Subaru SSM3 and find it useful as it will talk to everything on the car, including immobilizer systems. . . it emulates the SSM3 and uses cracked SSM software and its own VXDIAG driver (which is why it’s such a pain to set up). It is *extremely* picky about operating system. I wound up having to buy a new(ish) laptop running win7 to get it going.
But my mission is a bit different from most. I make and program keys for a living and for a while the SSM was the only thing that would program the prox fobs. Not true anymore but I still paid less for the VXdiag with software than I would for a single piece of software for my T-code pro. . and there are 3 for Subaru. I have one which only covers the earliest models.
I also find it handy for doing stuff like turning off the passenger seat belt warning (my dog rides over there sometimes and doesn’t like wearing his belt) or setting the wiper de-icer to work for as long as I tell it to instead of a 12 minute cycle. Or make the door locks unlock with one press of the remote. All of this is stuff you won’t be able to do (AFAIK) with any other scanner.
I also rebuild wrecks and it’s the only thing that will talk to the airbag systems so I can figure out WTF is making the light stay on after cobbling together a car from 2 or 3 others.
You could pay the $3k for a legit SSM3 plus another $2k/year for software and have no problems with install. . .
But if all you want to do is check/clear codes and view live engine data occasionally, yeah, you don’t need OEM one. Just go for a clone.
You need an immobilizer code (which is VIN specific) to program keys/fobs. It does not change so once you have it for your car you can go nuts. Odds are your dealer would probably give you YOUR immobilizer code if you shop there somewhat regularly. They may charge you for it as I know they have to pay a couple of bucks to mama subie for them.
There’s also an ‘enabling password’ which is also static and I suppose is a very flimsy extra layer of security to protect the immobilizer features of the SSM. It’s 3781.